Developers + Creative + Business + Marketing + Apprenticeships + Volunteer Opportunities
- API Development Lead (001)
Full-time + Benefits
We help organizations everywhere enable new and innovative collaborations through their APIs. We are looking for adaptable API developers to help execute our customers’ API strategies. As an API Development Lead you’ll be responsible for guiding teams through planning and executing implementation, documentation, integration, and support operations of a variety of API-focused projects. You will explore new technologies and your expertise will be essential to advising our customers’ technology selections. API Development Leads also help to supervise and mentor our rising team members, as well as having opportunities to hone their own professional and technical skills.
• Development - Our services are geared towards developers, so it is critical that you can understand a developer’s needs and provide solutions tailored for them.
• Quality Assurance - Utilizing QA best practices for automated CI/CD systems is critically important to ensuring service quality for API consumers.
• Operations - We bring know how for architecting API operations for scalability and automation.
• Technical Writing - Having quality developer focused tutorials and references is often the difference between success and failure for API adoption.
• An understanding of REST API fundamentals, including prior API design experience
• Understanding CI/CD and QA best practices
• Ability to write and review effective technical documentation, such as tutorials and API service specs
• Ability to communicate with a customer’s technical and management staff
• Experience with modern operations technologies (docker, chef, kubernetes), including network and cloud infrastructure providers
• Experience working with compliance-oriented enterprises (ex. HIPAA, PCI, etc.)
- Front End React Developers - 2 positions (011)
Contract to hire
Local Richmond development group has TWO openings for front end React Developers (contract to hire). New graduates, no graduates, experienced developers, industry hoppers, and cross-lateral developers are encouraged to apply. If you have a passion for working with the latest technologies, don't miss this opportunity. We are a passionate company who believes their best asset is their people.
Interested LOCAL candidates. We are hiring today for people interested starting TODAY.
- Senior Product Manager (005)
We're looking for a Director of Product Management / Senior Product Manager to join our growing team. You will be responsible for all aspects of product management within the company, including defining the product roadmap, creating specifications and mockups, and communicating with the sales team, customers and partners. As the first full-time member of the product team, you will be an influential leader in a fast-growing organization. This position reports to the CEO.
- Administrative Assistant (008)
Has a strong accounting and Great Plains experience and is looking to join the team of a growing organization located in Richmond.
Billing, Fixed Assets, Expense report accounting, Records keeping, Manage incoming/outgoing mail, Process invoice, A/P, Reconciliations.
- Data Entry Analyst (009):
All aspects of data management (may include tracking data, validating, and extracting), ensures accuracy and quality of data, communicates with internal colleagues to obtain additional information as needed, maintenance of a portfolio of client accounts.
- Bilingual Customer Service (010):
Seeking a dynamic bilingual customer service representative to join the team of a growing call center located in Richmond's West End. If you are looking for a career, this is the opportunity for you.
Take claims via phone, email or fax in a busy fast-paced call center environment, assist callers with downloading an application on their smart phones or their computers, communicate regularly with internal and external customers, enter data into company database, additional duties as assigned.
- Director of Development (012):
Richmond, VA; New York, NY; or Boston, MA
Reports to the Deputy Director, will be responsible for all fundraising efforts including major gifts, corporate partnerships, institutional giving, annual fund, planned giving, and special events. They will have to be able to work independently or collaboratively with the Board of Directors, Deputy Director and Chief Executive Officer, as appropriate, on fundraising projects from conception to completion.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum four years of professional fundraising experience with progressively increasing responsibility, preferably at both national and local level.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field. An advanced degree or equivalent preferred.
• PR, social media, special events, and marketing expertise.
• Experience with the variety of programs that comprise a comprehensive fundraising operation, including direct response, major gifts, special events, and corporate and foundation giving.
• Track record of working independently and with senior leaders on identifying, cultivating, and closing six-figure gifts from individuals and institutions.
• Experience within a start-up environment preferred.
• Knowledge of, and experience working with, foster care and youth a plus.
• Design and execute a successful development plan for TOU.
• Plan and execute dynamic fundraising campaigns and activities.
• Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
• Champion TOU’s philanthropic goals.
• Identify, research, and steward prospective donors.
• Develop and track all grant proposals.
• Manage a portfolio of major donors and prospects.
• Coordinate and manage special events and special projects.
• Develop strong working relationships with the Executive team and Board of Directors.
• Offer strategic guidance to the Executive team, such as preparing them for donor meetings and activities.
• Develop communications strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
• Ensure accurate information is captured in donor profiles and that contributions are consistently and thoughtfully recognized
- Controller and Operations Manager (015):
Contract to hire
Reports to the CTO. This role will be responsible for both leading and executing overall program responsiveness and functionality; Constant and diligent analysis of server, application, and database communications in order to ensure optimal usability; builds scalable, maintainable, secure backend code; And understands and effectively implements unit testing, automation, and consistent delivery. The ideal candidate stays up to date with and is passionate about the latest technology to make users lives better.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or related field required; advanced degree (e.g. MBA, Master’s in Accounting) a plus
• 10+ years of progressive experience, ideally within high-growth, lean and entrepreneurial environments
• CPA or CMA and public accounting experience
• Impeccable integrity, commitment to accurate reporting, open communication of issues and risks, and ability to maintain confidential information.
• Proven track record managing accounting function, processes and policies across multiple domestic and international locations.
• Strong technical accounting knowledge (e.g. revenue recognition, etc.) and ability to interpret general business and technical procedures and government regulations.
• Experience with non-profit or public company reporting; IPO experience a plus
• Experience as a hands-on manager and effective leader
• Track record of working collaboratively with an executive team that travels extensively.
• Track record working effectively as part of a team, developing strong trusting relationships.
• Ability to identify and anticipate needs, and making recommendations for implementation.
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of financial software.
As the Controller, you will be responsible for:
• Owning the accounting function, financial statements and donor reporting.
• Leading the accounting and audit consultants.
• Implementing accounting and finance processes.
• Overseeing monthly finance and accounting reporting requirements
• Leading internal and external audits
• Ensuring federal, state, and local tax compliance
• Providing analysis and recommendations to executive management
• Collaborating with Think of Us staff on financial matters
As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Managing Payroll (Paychex).
• On-boarding, off-boarding, and paperwork for employees; support recruiting efforts, contract administration.
• Determine and define best practices in a range of areas including Contracts, optimizing storage, and procurement.
• Serving as a point of contact for external parties such as the suppliers and contractors, customers, regulatory bodies, and other third parties.
• Ensuring legal and regulatory compliance in all areas of the business.
• Partnering with the TOU staff on operational issues.
- Chief Operating Officer (016):
A strategic thought-leader that will play a critical role in partnering with the CEO and Board of Directors to ensure that the organization is achieving its mission. This individual will provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure the effective growth of the organization; financial strength and operating efficiency. This individual will focus on putting the company's growth on fast track through cohesive product/business strategy and execution. We are looking for someone who has experienced working in rapid growth startups. Someone who is not afraid to jump in, roll up their sleeves and work side-by-side with the team to ensure operational success.
Education and Experience:
• A minimum of 5 years of administrative, financial and operations function in a similar executive level role.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in education, humans services or technology.
• Masters Degree required. (e.g. MBA, MPA, MSW etc.)
• Provides day-to-day operational leadership and management in a way that mirrors the mission and core values of the company.
• Prioritizes building a strong organization through hiring, retaining and developing the people of Think of Us.
• Oversees risk management and legal activities, including reviewing contracts, leases, human resources, and other legal documents and agreements.
• Collaborates with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to support the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
• Leads the development of the strategic plan for the organization in close partnership with the CEO. This includes formalizing and leading the strategic planning process, focusing on long-term trends and outlook, and leveraging competitive intelligence.
• Executes the strategic plan by working collaboratively with executive team members and ensuring that the strategy is communicated and easily understood by all.
• Fosters accountability and results by establishing key metrics that matter to the mission of the organization in partnership with the team, board members, and funders.
• Collaborates with the management team to establish and monitor key financial performance indicators for the organization including sales, profitability, cash flow, and business goals and objectives.
• Partner with the CEO to create and implement the strategic objectives of the fundraising and business development plan.
Interested in getting connected to one of these jobs or posting a job for your company?
We have some amazing members that are a part of our community that make great employers, employees and connections for freelance work. Join our community and we will make an introduction for you!