Who's For Hire?
Design | Web Developers | Business | Creative | Interns
- Dotty A. - Graphic Designer
A story teller through design, motion, and web who is passionate about working with startups and driven agencies. Defined ability execute accurate design on simplistic visions.
Experience: 2 years working with various startups. Focus on product innovation, promotion, and identity in a collaborative environment.
Services: Motion Graphics, Storyboarding, Scripting, Illustration, Logo Design, Web Design, Web Development, UX UI, Product Innovation, Art Direction, digital photography.
Seeking: Freelance, contract, and/or agency opportunities
- Matt R. - Back-end and Mobile Development
A back-end and mobile developer with a focus on business development and startups.
Experience: I've spent several years developing enterprise mobile applications for iOS before co-founding and building Painless1099, a tax saving solution for independent contractors.
Seeking: Now I'm looking for new cool projects to work on (startups). Proficient in back-end and mobile development, but I can plug in on front-end in a pinch. I prefer to build things from the ground up.
- Taylor J. - Front End Developer (UI/UX)
A results-oriented IT professional with entrepreneurial business development experience in the areas of software, web and mobile application development. Co-founded a financial technology corporation.
Experience: Has acted as a developer and accessibility consultant, lead designer, and mobile designer & developer.
- Design and development of multiple client web sites
- Design, development, and creation of complex web based servers with attached database management systems
- Mobile application accessibility testing and development of solutions for various accessibility components
- Web site accessibility testing and development, matching ADA compliance regulations
Seeking: Looking for new projects (startups) that will provide a challenge and allow me to dive in.
- Felecia C. - UX/UI Designer/ iOS Developer
I create and design mobile apps and websites through user-centered research.
Experience: 5+ years videography/photography that I often implement into projects. 2+ years of iOS development with a primary focus on social and design. 2+ years HTML/CSS experience. Certified UX/UI designer with 6 months of professional experience thus far.
- Web Design
- Wordpress-based Design & Development
- UX/UI Research-based Design for mobile apps or websites.
Seeking: Freelance/contract/agency opportunities to work for companies with good people.
- Michael F. - Front End React Developer
A Trilingual — React/Redux, jQuery and italiano — front-end web developer; having specific skills building dynamic web applications in React. Additional experience in apparel and interior decor E-Commerce sales, merchandising and marketing. Can combine skills like Voltron.
Experience: Achieved successful development of 15 original front-end projects [github available upon request].
- Completed 6 dynamic web applications built with React library.
- Facilitated all stages of website and application front-end development — from Illustrator mock-up and architecture planning to editing and pitching the results.
- Managed multiple E-Commerce sites selling high-value apparel and interior decor.
Seeking: Full/Part-time employment building with React — or front-end development in an E-Commerce setting
- Jim C.
A seasoned Customer Support specialist with years of experience building industry-leading teams, customizing help desk systems, and developing culture and policy that protects both companies and their customers. After four years developing a community of customer support specialists, mentoring leaders to meet the needs of a growing company, and collaborating with clients of all sizes, I’m looking for an opportunity to use my experience building support teams and infrastructure to transform the customer experience at your company.
CEO, The Yeomen, Inc.
- Supported clients across industries (including Vimeo, GIPHY, DJO Global, and Blockstack) handling thousands of inquires a day.
- Established a company branch in German, a team in Australia, and a US-based team covering all domestic time zones.
- Developed an employee-focused culture that helped the company to grow based on reputation and earn over $4MIL in revenue over its four-year life.
- Created policy for The Yeomen along with client-specific support and trust and safety teams.
- Oversaw Finance, HR, and Operations while selling our services.
Manager / Director of Support, Tumblr.com
- Prepared Tumblr Support for transition to Yahoo and brokered the split of Support and Trust & Safety to better specialize community support.
- Developed metrics to provide performance data to individual team members.
- Mastered the daily work of Support while developing documentation and training for new hires.
- Developed a team ethos that encouraged free exchange of ideas resulting in significant improvement of all teams.
Teacher, Henrico Co. Schools
- Taught middle school students and high school teachers during my tenure.
- Implemented county content management system.
- Led the initiative to use blogging and other “web 2.0” mediums in the county.
Seeking: Customer Support and Management Operations Position
- David S . - Writing/Creative/Copy
A published author who has produced commercial copy, and magazine and blog articles.
Experience: A published author of two books who has produced, commercial copy, and magazine and blog articles on topics ranging from cycling and travel to faith and ethics. Please be in touch if you are looking for help with your creative projects.
Seeking: Freelance opportunities to help with creative projects.
- Rachel K. - Entry Level Clerical Assistant
An experienced intern who has worked with several organizations to support their efficiency.
Experience: A college student who has successfully completed internships that focus on clerical and data entry work. Her courses have focused on Microsoft Office Suite (excel, etc.).
Seeking: Internship or entry level position as a Clerical Assistant in Richmond, VA.
- Paul S. - Entry Level Business and Marketing
A current VCU Student and experienced intern who has worked with large and small organizations.
Experience: A college student who has successfully completed internships with Capital One, 804RVA, UMFS Finance Department and, Commonwealth Autism. HisRoles have included data entry, budgeting/finance, office support tasks and employee engagement.
Seeking: An internship to provide growth in business and marketing experience with small businesses.
Interested in hiring someone or listing that you are available for hire? Memberships start at $45 per month and allow you to share your job posting or availability with the coworking community and email list of 2,000+ newsletter subscribers.
Already a member? Email Sarah to get in contact with Local Talent